Copo Ibérica, S.A.
Copo Ibérica was the embryonic start-up company which has now become Grupo Empresarial Copo. They started life in 1972 making seat fillings for the newly constructed Citroën plant in Vigo. Currently, they have a workforce of 173 and they supply polyurethane foam fillings for cushions and backrests, utilising 3 technologies: cold-blown foam, hot-blown foam and INALCO moulding. They have an extensive background and experience, as well as the continued support of the Copo Group Technology Centre, whose expertise allows continuous improvement to be our major resource.
Products and services
Module or function
gives the filling durability characteristics.
- Traditional foamed parts (raw leather) using hot foam moulding (Hot Cure): allows weight reduction of the parts, thereby contributing to the weight reduction of the vehicle and in turn to cost reduction.
- Incorporated ”in situ” moulded parts using a new technology called INALCO which produces fully finished rear seats whilst maintaining the required high comfort levels and giving a considerable cost reduction.
- Headrests and elbow rests in polyurethane foam: currently manufactured by INALCO but can also be manufactured by traditional moulding.
Processes and technologies
- Other technologies
- 3 cold technology (HR) carrousels
- hot technology (HO) carrousel
- 1 INALCO carrousel for smaller parts (elbow rests)
- INALCO carrousel for larger parts (seats and back rests)
Groupe PSA, Renault - Nissan, Grupo Volkswagen and General Motors, Faurecia, Lear, Johnson Controls, etc.
Address and phone
Estrada Puxeiros nº45, Tameiga
Phone: 986 810 500
Fax: 986 810 515