CEAGA has launched five new innovative projects together with 22 companies and four entities of the mobility and automotive ecosystem. In total, nearly 3 million euros will be mobilized with the support of the Ministry of Industry. The projects will help boost digitization and the implementation of new technologies in the sector’s value chain. They will explore technologies such as artificial vision, energy efficiency or Big Data.
These initiatives are coordinated by CEAGA and integrated by large companies, SMEs, startups and other entities of the ecosystem such as national automotive clusters or the Digital Innovation Hub Industrial de Galicia (DIHGIGAL). They will work together over the coming months to develop innovative solutions that contribute to improving the competitiveness of companies, especially SMEs.
The projects promoted are:
- AUTOPAPERLESS II: second phase of the AUTOPAPERLESS project, which promotes the digitalization of documentation associated with production processes in the automotive sector with the aim of becoming a “zero paper” factory.
- DATA LOGISTICS II: second phase of the DATA LOGISTICS project, which aims to make further progress in the digitization of the sector through the design and implementation of a logistics balanced scorecard, using Big Data and Business Intelligence.
- DIGIFACT: project based on Predictive Analytics to improve information flows and interfaces between customer needs and production characteristics (machine constraints, shifts, batch sizes, etc.).
- GOFLEXENERGY: optimized energy consumption management project. The feasibility of new business models associated with virtual energy communities will be investigated, energy flexibility will be enhanced and photovoltaic energy production will be optimized in companies with self-consumption.
- IA4ZERO DEFECTS II: second phase of the IA4ZERO DEFECTS project, which continues to develop a quality control system for final parts using artificial intelligence, combined with 3D laser and 2D and 3D vision, with the aim of achieving zero defects in the production of components.
In addition, the Cluster collaborates in three other projects promoted by the Digital Innovation Hub Industrial de Galicia (DIHGIGAL) and other national automotive clusters:
- ECOMOB: project led by the Cluster de Automoción y Movilidad de Aragón (CAAR) for the design and dynamization of a virtual intercluster community to promote the transition of the automotive sector towards a sustainable and intelligent mobility ecosystem.
- FAB_ADITIVA_SOSTENIBLE II: project led by the Cluster de Automoción y Movilidad de Aragón (CAAR) for the decarbonization of industrial processes through the digitization, integration and intelligent management of photovoltaic self-consumption systems with storage.
- DIGIBAT: project led by DIHGIGAL for the development of intelligent energy management strategies and tools to optimize the operation of industrial photovoltaic self-consumption facilities by integrating their operation with storage systems and production processes.